Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lost and Found!



I've been rambling quite a lot on the blogosphere about how life's treating me like hell, how its givin me nothin to smile about and be happy.In shot- I was feeling LOST. Lemme tell you the feeling was quite mutual ; Life too has been telling me the same. It was telling me- gimme a chance, show faith and i'll show you how you can be happy. Alas! i couldnt figure out how ....! But thank heavens i knew it today :)

Small story- hope u find it nice :) .It so happened on this friday afternoon, i recieved a mail in the office about a cricket tournament to be held on the weekend. Inspite of being a cricket maniac , i never gave it a thought giving myself a reasons that were pretty silly.
1) Its been over 3 years since i even touched the cricket ball and bat! ( wot am i gonna play!)
2) The venue is too far ( read GOLKONDA FORT!)
3) I'm already tired and dont wanna waste my weekend travelling.

Citing these nonexistant reasons, i comforted myself and carried on with my business. The mind though was thinking about the match! A frnd of mine- my team mate, rushed to me telling me about the same mail. I gave him a sly smile and told " Na bhai- the venue is too far.. i cant come so early"- lame..! It was here that it all started. This very gud bhai of mine Mr Shanmukh persuaded me to enroll myself and come to the match. After much deliberation and dilemma, i gave in my name reluctantly though. A team meeting followed for the selection and i was chosen as the captain- wow i thought!! pretty excited i went back with a grin on my till-now-frowny-face ( after all, i was playing something i always loved and am absolutely mad about!)

Getting up at 5.00 AM on a saturday morning is not my style, Yet i did it yesterday..reason the game started at 8.00 and i had to travel long. All throught the travel i kept going back to my school days when playing cricket was a lifeline. By the time i reached the venue, i had pretty much a clear vision of what-to-do. Since we were short of a few players, we got some from other projects. Finally - a team of 11 and ready to go!

First the qualifiers- and we beat the opponents thrashing them down!!! AWESOME i thought!! ( going into it, we were pretty much underdogs, no practise no grt players. OUR win was the last thing ppl thought!).. This raised our excitement and enthu by leaps and bounds. Personally, i was elated; not for the result, but for the effort- the pleasure of doing some thing i love MY PASSION . They say when you give 100%, you sleep well that night, and yes i did sleep well and happy ( even with bruised hands and crackled body!) . Then today we went into the semis and put up an exemplary performance. The entire bunch gave it all(a frnd got hit too :( ). Thanks to some irreasonable umpiring and stupid sportsman ship of the opponents ( i know its a cliche- but it happend) the result was not in our favour. Dosent matter we said to ourselves, We enjoyed the process of being in the team, fighting it out and at the end of it all feeling 100% happy of ourselves!
A great weekend in all ways :)
So what lost and found you may ask- Well, what i lost till yesterday was my happiness, my jolly spirit , my positivity and my PASSION. today though i've all of them back and some few very good and genuine new friends :). I've found out i can be what i was before. I found out its only me who can make my self better and happy. I've found that it was not just any other cricket match . It made me realise that you can be happy if decide to be, you can be content if you believe in yourself. Most of all It was a saviour of my damping spirit!

I've found MYSELF back! added with new found enthusiam and a revived vigour!

Lessons learnt : Follow ur heart and purse you passions. You are bound to be happy and content if you wish to be. !

Looking foward for a grt week ahead and some serious fun.
LIFE ROCKS!!

Bad brusies and swollen body- gotta take rest now....bye for now!!

cheers and peace!
rammy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful.....!!!! I am glad you realized the universal truth to happiness!!! If you wanna do smthing.. just do it!!! Life is not the one to be blamed... neither is time!!
Time will move on... the World will move on... It YOU and only YOU who can seize the happiness you can get in every moment...
Glad you got to experience the beauty of it all...
Cheers
Diva

Chandrika said...

Finally, I made it Ram. I read it all!
Beautifully put, Ram you are one heck of a writer. Now I've to figure out what should I do to make my weekend a special one like this. :)

Keep Rolling!