Monday, September 14, 2009

Unlived life

He was on the terrace of the office building. He could sense the heavy breeze strong enough to trip him over the terrace. The weather was dull and gloomy, as if indicating a very bad omen. His misty eyes were masked by the slow drizzle in the air. The winds made a hazy sound as if singing a farewell song. His office was in the last and tallest building of the huge IT corridor of the city. Standing up there on top of the twentieth floor, he could have bird's eye view of the entire plush IT area. people roaming with cellphones buzzing, motor bikes zooming through and all the cabs waiting in line to pick up the associates. On a normal day, this would be just another evening break for the young Aakarsh. These details would not have even been noticed by him. But this was not just like any another day. His throbbing heart echoed in the pristine silence around him. His breath got heavier with each step he took towards the edge. With each stride he took to it, his brain started to freeze. With each step he took, each memory of his life was flashing in front of him. He was leaving behind a great life, a great career, an untold story. Streams of tears rushed through his lovely blue eyes as he reached the highest point on the roof. His body shivered as he stood there looking at the ground. A look down and any one would have felt the same. One more step and there would be not return.

Standing atop the mammoth tower with memories flashing at the speed of light, he stood there with eyes still and blank mind. Would he give it all up for nothing? Wouldn't he give a fight? Will he take the cruel step? Would that be the end of what could be a great life? Would he leave behind an Un-lived Life? He closed his eyes and a moment later, The Unthinkable Happened.

8 comments:

Neha said...

aha, that was some story, god, it reminded me of my fiction story post I posted last week...but that was totally opposite...unlike you, I didn't leave my readers guessing...Man, I hate curiosity...but neat work nevertheless..

raMmY said...

@ Neha

Such a quick response to the post ( within 30 mins from its publishing!!) incredible...

Fristly, I saw the post you are talking about. I could not read it though ( NO TIME absolutely! i know sounds cliche! but its true! ). I read the latest post - the Tag created by you. I will read and comment on both of'em ASAP!..

And now, thnx for liking the post! its got some story behind this too!

Ankita said...

wah wah! m soo happy dear, kya mast likha hai...short, crisp and it moved me !..such emotions that lead to such unthinkable steps are very common in a fast life....sad reality....

Rahul said...

awesome narration dude..I couldn't hold my curiosity to reach the end(I am still thinking of aftermath of 'unthinkable'). I appreciate your choice of words that makes one to experience what you depicted.Keep going buddy & continue to delight us!

P.s: I wish to read a sequel to this post.

SG said...

Nice. I hope this is your imaginitive story and did not happen in reality. Very much unthinkable as to what went through his mind in the last moments.

gayathri vishwanathan said...

Anmd finally i could comment now...good one rammy, when is the sequel coming up?

The one who has loved and lost said...

I don't know what to say!!!!!!!
Read this and tell me if you find something similar ;)

http://laymansrevelations.blogspot.com/2009/05/last-night.html

raMmY said...

@ Aditi

U loved it !! and i like that!! :) .. thnx a ton for those sweet words dear!

@ Rahul
I'm glad that you could feel the tension in the story - That is the best gift for a fiction story. Thnx a lot for the kind words and i'll sure try to captivate your interest towards the blog - As much as i can!!!

And regarding the story, Why dont you take it forward from here?? I'd love to see you write the next part!!

@ SG
Thnx for dropping down!! Well yeah its a sort of neo-realistic fictitious plot!!.. not entirely real nor entirely fictitious!

Its such surprising how fast the mind races with thoughts when a human being is at that juncture - isnt it?

@ Gayatrhi!

FINALLLY you could comment on the blog!!!
Glad you liked it!
And regarding the story, Why dont you take it forward from here?? I'd love to see you write the next part!!